Kevin O’Leary is one of the most successful entrepreneurs in the world. He is best known for his role on the hit TV show Shark Tank, where he has helped countless businesses get off the ground.
O’Leary was born in Montreal, Canada, in 1954. His father was a businessman, and his mother was a homemaker. He has three siblings.
O’Leary’s first business venture was an ice cream truck company he started with a friend when he was just 13 years old. The business was a success, and it eventually led to him starting his own software company called SoftKey in 1986.
SoftKey became one of the largest software companies in the world, and it was eventually sold to Mattel for $3.7 billion.
After the sale of SoftKey, O’Leary co-founded an educational software company called The Learning Company. The company was sold to Mattel in 1999 for $4.2 billion.
O’Leary has also been involved in a number of other businesses, including an investment firm and a wine business.
In 2009, O’Leary joined the cast of Shark Tank, where he has helped countless entrepreneurs get their businesses off the ground. He has also become a popular TV personality, appearing on shows such as Dancing with the Stars and The Celebrity Apprentice.
O’Leary is married to Linda O’Leary, and the couple has two children. In his spare time, he enjoys sailing and skiing.
Interesting Facts About Kevin O’Leary
1. Despite his “tough love” persona on Shark Tank, Kevin O’Leary is a big softie at heart. He’s particularly passionate about supporting education and has donated millions of dollars to various educational causes over the years.
2. Kevin O’Leary didn’t originally set out to be a businessman – he actually wanted to be a rock star! He was part of a band called The Trashmen in his youth and even released an album called “The Education of Kevin O’Leary”.
3. While he’s now known for being frugal, Kevin O’Leary wasn’t always so money-conscious. In fact, he once blew $10,000 on a single business lunch! Fortunately, he learned his lesson and is now much more mindful about how he spends his money.
4. Kevin O’Leary is a big fan of sports, particularly hockey. He’s even minority owner of the Toronto Maple Leafs!
5. Despite his success, Kevin O’Leary still has some fears and doubts. He’s admitted that he’s terrified of public speaking and often gets stage fright before big events.
6. Kevin O’Leary isn’t just a successful businessman – he’s also a published author! He’s written several books on business and finance, including the best-selling “Cold Hard Truth: On Business, Money & Life”.
7. Kevin O’Leary has some interesting hobbies outside of business. He’s an avid wine collector and once even competed on the TV show “The Amazing Race”!
8. Kevin O’Leary is a bit of a germaphobe and is known for carrying around hand sanitizer wherever he goes.
Kevin O’Leary Net Worth
Kevin O’Leary is a Canadian businessman, author and television personality — appearing on Shark Tank. He has an estimated net worth of $400 million.
In 1986, O’Leary co-founded SoftKey Software Products, a technology company that sold software designed to educate children. The company was later renamed The Learning Company and was sold to Mattel for $3.7 billion in 1999.
Looking for More Net Worth Articles?
Whether you are looking for entrepreneurs, influencers or even more reality TV stars, there are plenty of celebrities to look up when you search for personal net worths. Be sure to view our list of top sites and don’t forget to use the search box to find your favorite personalities.